Monday, October 19, 2009

More Kanye WTH (What the Heck) News

Ok, it's no secret that I am not a big Kanye West fan. Not that I know him personally or anything, but I'm basing that opinion solely on the things that I have witnessed him say and do on various occasions. (Namely most of the award shows he's attending over the past few years)

Now, with that said, I think that it would be safe to say that Kanye is definitely in need of prayer, comfort and counseling from his friends and family because the man seems to be on the brink of a serious melt down.

I just recently watched a short film that he did on sandrarose.com and while I still don't understand what the hell this film was supposed to be about, I found it to be a very compelling look into what this man is experiencing at this point in his life.

Here is the video:

We Were Once A Fairytale from M. Fantu on Vimeo.


You know the saying that life imitates art? Well, this is a very scary parallel. So here's my take on the video:


Obviously the club scene is showing the perceived image that he has of himself as a star and how he feels that other people do and should perceive him. The blurry focus is symbolic of his distorted view of the world and how it sees him. The fact that his music is playing in the background is to further show that he is a star and should be acknowledged as such, but his reaction to his song being playing shows that he still can't believe that he has achieved the amount of success that he has.

The scene where the woman walks in and seduces him is to show how the industry seduces you with sex and beauty only to leave you drained and alone.

Then he stumbles into the bathroom and throws up: I guess that means he's sick of it. Then he goes on to cut himself open to pull out a critter (for lack of a better word) which symbolizes the fairytale perception of the industry, which dies when he signals the critter to kill itself. (thanks Deanna!)

Wow! All that to say what? Is this a cry for help? I think so.

Pray for Kanye yall.

Check out the video and let me know what you think.


www.black-smithenterprises.com

www.frontpageconnect.com

No comments: