Friday, January 16, 2009

Did I Make a Mistake

Ok, so here we are just a few days away from the historical swearing in of the first African American president of the United States. And I, like millions of other voters, got up early and went to the polls to make sure that I did my part to cast my vote for Barack Obama, not because he is black but because I felt that he was the best man for the job.

But now as I watch each day unfold with a new announcement as to who will fill the various spots for this or that for the inauguration, I have to wonder...did I make the wrong choice?

I made myself get past the fact that Barack supports abortion (which I am adamantly against), and I explained away the fact that he essentially deserted the man who pastored him for more than 20 years because the media started giving him a hard time. But now that reports have revealed that he will allow Eugene Robinson, an openly gay pastor,to deliver the invocation at the inauguration kickoff event in effort to present balance for the gay community I really find myself wondering if I lined up behind the wrong person.

As a Christian, this really convicts my heart because the bible blatantly says that homosexuality is wrong. There is no sugar coating it, that's what it says. And while it is not for me to judge anyone's lifestyle choice, I can not endorse it. And to see a man who claims to be a pastor, a man of God chosen to lead God's people to Christ stand in a pulpit and openly proclaim that he is gay and be proud of it is a mockery of the calling he is supposed to be answering. And then for the man who is going to be my president, my leader, to endorse something that he knows is wrong (because Barack does claim to be a Christian) just to pacify a group of people leads me to wonder what other issues will he compromise on just to keep people from being mad at him.

Barack's whole campaign was based on change and I brought into that. But while I believe that he has the potential to be a great catalyst to getting our country back on the right track, the fact still remains that we need a strong leader. Someone who is not afraid to do what's right no matter what people say. This country was built on the principals set forth in the bible, and to throw those out because of convenience is like ushering in a platform for complete chaos and loss of morality.

It was the bible that tells us that it is wrong to steal, kill and lie. And if someone were to propose that a known liar or serial killer proudly stand up speak on behalf of the president America would be up and arms. For those are not badges to be worn with honor. So if we accept open homosexuality in the pulpit, then what's next? The man in the pulpit is supposed to be helping to deliver those who suffer from that affliction.

I don't know. This is just something that has been on my mind very heavily. Tell me what you think, because I'd really like to know.


www.black-smithenterprises.com

No comments: