Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why Did I Get Married Too?



Tyler Perry has done is again! Why Did I Get Married Too came out in theaters this past Friday, and as usual Perry showed that he definitely has the patented formula for getting people out to the theater.

In this installment of the series, we revisit the same characters from Why Did I Get Married with a whole new batch of problems to sort out on top of most of the old ones.

Terry (played by Tyler Perry) and Diane (Sharon Leal) still struggle to find common ground and honesty in their relationship; Marcus (Michael Jai White) and Angela (Tasha Smith) still fight like cats and dogs; Troy (Lamman Tucker) and Sheila (Jill Scott) try to adjust to their new life together as husband and wife; while Gavin (Malik Yoba) and Patricia (Janet Jackson) still try to portray their union as the epitome of perfection.

While Janet Jackson has always been one of my all-time favorite performers, her voice made my ears bleed in Why Did I Get Married. Literally, every time she said more than four words I wanted to take my ears off and put them in my pocket. Needless to say that this time around her performance far outweighed her voice. Miss Jackson did her thang!

The supporting cast was enjoyable to watch as well. Tasha Smith was just as loud as ever and Jill Scott was very compelling in her role as a woman who has finally adjusted to understanding her true worth.

Overall, the movie stayed true to its original theme, but the storyline in part two was a lot stronger and even offered some unforeseen twists as an added bonus. Tyler Perry is definitely going the distance to solidify himself as a credible all-around writer and not just a chitlin circuit playwright who's trying his hand at movies. Not to mention the fact that he got his sexy on a little bit in the movie too.

Why Did I Get Married Too is a definite must see for the spring. It has something for both the guys and the girls, and its sure to tug on those heart strings too.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/janayablack
www.black-smithenterprises.com

No comments: