Friday, January 2, 2009

A Year in Reflection and Looking Ahead

Well, 2008 is officially over and I have welcomed 2009 with open arms. It still amazes me at how fast time goes by after you reach adulthood. 2008 was a whirlwind year filled with a lot of accomplishments (I finished my third book and completed my first feature film), a year of growing pains and learning experiences.

I have learned that God is always in control no matter how much the urge to worry persists; I have learned to really appreciate my family for who they are in spite of my perception of who I think they should be; I have been blessed with the job of a lifetime as the editor of a publication that I love; I've gained some life long friends and said good-bye to some bad influences; and I have learned that no matter how hard things get, you have to always keep pushing forward. Your problems do not define who you are, they help shape you into the person that you are destined to be.

So in 2009, I pray that God will continue to prosper my family in spirit and in health. I pray that he will strengthen my marriage and watch over my children. I pray the He will give me the wisdom and courage to do those things that I know that I should.

In 2009, I will not waste time on things that do not matter and I will work hard to be the woman that God made me to be.

I pray for all of you reading this that your lives will be enriched with love and happiness, but most of all that you find yourself in Christ if you haven't already. If you have haven't, all you have to do is ask Him.

Jesus is everything, and with each day that passes I realize that more and more. The growth is not easy, but as I stated earlier...you have to keep pushing on because nothing worth having ever is. As this world grows darker, my desire to allow his light to shine in my life grows stronger. And for that I am thankful.

1 comment:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

i can't wait to see what's to come for you J!

Blessings and love!