Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 In Retrospect

2009 has been an amazing year of discovery for me.



I discovered that I am a woman of purpose and that my life is not just a happenstance. I am truly here for a reason and that reason is not simply to exist, but to serve others through my gifts and talents.

I discovered that you can't be angry with people for being who they are; you just have to learn to accept them as they are and decide how you will deal with them.

I discovered that I am not superhuman and I can't do everything by myself. Sometimes I need help and there is no shame in asking for it. Asking for help is not a sign of inability or weakness.

I discovered who my real friends are and who they are not.

I have learned to listen to my first instinct about things after being burned a countless number of times for doing the opposite.

I have discovered that compromising on matters that go against my morals, values and principals is not an option.

I have discovered that the word "no" is not the end of the world, but is often a blessing in disguise.

And most importantly, I have discovered that God is more amazing than I ever could have comprehended in the preceding years. My walk this year has been one that has taught me so much about God, and has also showed me that I have so much more to learn.

No longer am I afraid to be a witness to the fact that God and Jesus Christ are the answer to everything, and not in some sappy kind of way, but in a real way that makes perfect sense. And I never understood it until I got older but now that He has revealed Himself to me I am grateful.

I am grateful for my husband, my children, my family, my health and every other blessing the Lord has seen fit to bestow upon me. I have learned to take nothing for granted.

So as the New Year approaches, I look to 2010 with excitement and high expectations because my God is a good God and He has never failed me yet!

To all of my family and friends: If I haven't told you lately, and even if I have, I love you with all of my heart and I thank you for being a part of my life. If I have done or said anything to hurt or offend you, I ask you to please forgive me. And if you have done anything to hurt or offend me, know that I forgive you.

I wish you peace and blessings in 2010 and going forward for all the days of your life! Enjoy life, love hard, and have a happy New Year!


No comments: