Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let men be men

Just recently I watched a video on Facebook where a grossly overweight man paid homage to Beyonce's song "Ego" by reenacting his version of the video. Needless to say, what I saw was very disturbing. I would even go as far as to say it made my skin crawl more than a little bit.

Want to see it for yourself? http://slide.com/t/7/5/Lkb0D8cK2mYF. Brace yourself; it's not pretty. But I digress...

How I long for the days when men were real manly men, and if they really weren't men...they still acted like it.

I can't make it clear enough how irritating, and disturbing, it is to see the steady increase of super-divalicious sissy boys who aspire to be Beyonce! Men are built to be hard and strong, not soft and feminine!

Just to be clear; this is not a rant about sexual orientation. I am simply saying that if you are a man; act, walk and talk like a man. If you are a man who believes that you were really meant to be a woman, please indulge in that fantasy in the comfort of your own home. We don't need to see anymore of your homemade movies posted on Facebook or YouTube.

Women are already traumatized by the downlow syndrome. Now the woes of single women are multiplied because in the midst of what has already been called a "shortage" of men because many of the ones who are left in the fishing pond are skipping around doing the "Single Ladies" routine.

Give me a break!

All I'm saying is: Fellas, if God made you a man...be a man. Any man will tell you that its not attractive to see a woman act like a man, so let me be the first to tell you that it's not cute when guys do it either. (Act like a woman that is.)

Yeah, its funny sometimes to watch Madea cut up in a movie or see Shanay and Wanda be jackasses on TV, but at the end of the day even Tyler hangs up his wig when he goes out in public.

No comments: